2013 USC PS-OC Short Course: Logistics
All registered attendees have received emails with details logistics information for the short course.
This year, we are awarding three travel scholarships of up to $500 on a competitive basis. (Funds are dispersed through a reimbursement process after the short course; winners will be contacted with full details.) (All winners have been notified. Thank you!)
To apply, send an email to Paul Macklin with:
- subject line: PS-OC short course travel funding
- Title (e.g., undergraduate student)
- Lab group (under which PI, if applicable)
- Contact phone number
- E-mail address
- Already registered? Y/N
- Submitting a poster? Y/N
short essay: Write 2-3 paragraphs describing:
- your background,
- your field of study,
- what you hope to gain from attending the short course, and
- how convergence of the sciences fits into your career path.
Priority will be given to registered students traveling from outside Southern California / out of state. We will also prioritize students who plan to submit posters. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until all three scholarships have been awarded to qualified candidates.